Mask Up! Nighthawks Are Welcoming Spectators

UNG men’s basketball team huddles during home game (Photo courtesy of Walker McCrary)

At the University of North Georgia, 12 out of 13 sports are in season right now and are welcoming spectators! In order to comply with CDC and NCAA guidelines, fans should expect changes for the 2021 spring season.

Here’s what you need to know if you would like to attend a sporting event this season: 

Admission is free for basketball, baseball, softball, and soccer, contrary to previous seasons.

Every facility will be open with limited capacity and seating arrangements to keep different parties six feet apart. UNG students and Nighthawks Athletic club members will have top priority in the limited seating.

Masks must be worn upon entry and must remain on during the whole sporting event. If masks are removed, those fans may be asked to leave. 

Concessions will be open this season, only serving pre-packaged food for the safety of the consumers.

Sports teams overview: 

The UNG baseball team is currently five-and-one including all three home games claimed as victories. The Nighthawks have 17 home games remaining, with the next one being against Francis Marion University on February 20. 

The UNG softball team is undefeated with a six-game winning streak and 22 home games remaining in the season. Next, the Nighthawks will face the University of Southern Indiana on February 20.

The UNG men’s basketball team currently has a two-and-seven record with only one home game remaining in the season to be played against Clayton State on February 27. 

The UNG women’s basketball team has 13 wins so far this season with only one loss. The Nighthawks have two more home games remaining. The next home game is on February 22 against Francis Marion University. 

The UNG men’s soccer team has a zero and two record thus far with four home games remaining in the season. The next home game is on March 1 where the Nighthawks will face Lander University. 

The UNG women’s soccer team is currently undefeated with three home games remaining in the season. The next home game will be on March 8 against Young Harris College. 

The UNG men’s tennis team has played one match thus far where the Nighthawks lost to Valdosta State. The Nighthawks have six home matches remaining in the season with the next one being against Queens University of Charlotte on February 21. 

The UNG women’s tennis team is undefeated with eight home matches remaining. The next home match is scheduled for February 21 against Queens University of Charlotte.

Mask up UNG students and come support your Nighthawk athletes this season!