SGA Talks Student Safety, Clubs, Organization Approval

After holding a meeting on Sept. 27, the University of North Georgia’s Student Government Association members discussed new club approvals and fulfilled budget reallocation requests.

The first topic of discussion was a request from the Gender and Sexuality Alliance. The request was fulfilled. The GSA is an all-inclusive club for the LGBTQ+ community. The club requested a budget reallocation after having their budget inquiry approved last year. The club is looking to host events by reallocating $50 from Puppies, Popsicles, and Pride and $40 from Video Game Night and $90 from Rock Climbing with Outdoor Pursuits.

Investigative Ops Captain, Dennis Dorsey, joined the meeting as a guest speaker. He is an on-campus officer for UNG’s Dahlonega Campus. Dorsey spoke on building a “stronger police department and stronger community.” The department says students can always contact them at 706-864-1500.

The following new organizations were also approved:

The Christian Medical and Dental Association is a faith-based organization that supports students in the healthcare field. It is based in Dahlonega.

Spoonies will support and aid students with disabilities on the UNG Dahlonega campus.

The Dahlonega campus also gained a new German club.