It’s Spooky Season, What Do You Watch?

With ghouls, ghosts and Halloween festivities creeping in this month, horror movies you may have forgotten about will arise from the dead yet again.

The month of October is known for fall activities and of course: horror. A great way to get in spirit this season is to turn on your favorite Halloween-themed movie and spend your night getting spooked with your friends.

College students go on to explain what their favorite movie is to watch during this season and why.

Taylor Daniel, sophomore and Political Science and Sociology major at the University of Georgia says, “I love horror movies, so you think I would want to watch a scary one or something, but I just love the nostalgia of the Halloween Town movies. I watch them with my friends every year and it’s a great tradition to get you in the spooky spirit!”

Hunter Barron, sophomore and Accounting major at Union College says, “It would have to be Beetle Juice, because it’s a really funny and good movie. I’ve always loved watching it and I remember watching it when I was young.”

Ciarra King, senior and Computer Science major at the University of North Georgia says, “My favorite movie to watch is Halloween Town because it’s a non-scary Halloween movie and it’s just a classic! Debbie Reynolds was a fantastic actor in the movie.”

Sophia D’oliveira, sophomore and Sports Journalism major at Liberty University says, “My favorite has to be Edward Scissor Hands because I feel like it’s such an overlooked classic for our age group and it’s the perfect mix of spooky and sweet at the same time.”

Jared Holbrook, junior and Management Information Systems major at Georgia College and State University says, “I’d pick The Nightmare Before Christmas because it brings me nostalgia from when I was a kid.”

Hannah Osborne, sophomore and Mass Communications major at Piedmont University says, “My favorite movie to get into the Halloween spirit is Hocus Pocus because it is a classic. It’s the perfect movie to get cozied up to and start out the Halloween season.”