SGA Keeps The Money Moving In Latest Meeting

The University of North Georgia student government association met on Oct. 11 and discussed budget reallocation and mini-grants for clubs. 

The budget reallocation for UNG’s SGA moved $286.76 from the spirit night budget to the budget for 9/11 ceremonies. The money went to purchase items for 2021 and will be used again for future ceremonies. 

A mini-grant discussed last week that was approved this week was for NEST, a UNG office. They will have a table on the Hoag building’s patio with food to support veterans for Veteran Appreciation week which is upcoming. The mini-grant of $233.50 will go towards the food being served. 

The second mini-grant was for the Mock Trial Team and was tabled for next week to get further clarification. SGA had questions on specifics for the funds, but there was no representative from the club at the meeting. They were requesting funds to go to a competition in December. The funds were requested for items such as transportation, hotel, and equipment for the competition which added up to $3854.77.

A representative from the UNG Corps of Cadets talked about the safety of the cadets that are working at the Gold Rush Days Festival on Oct. 16-17. UNG parking lots will be used for event parking and the cadets will be managing the lots. They urge students to watch out for cadets that are working and to have their student IDs with them so that there is no confusion.