Forsyth County Native Tries Her Voice in LA

Riley Biederer a former Voice contestant, has continued to make an impact in the world using just that, her voice. In 2015, she made it all the way to the top 20 in season nine of The Voice.

“Being around so many creative and successful artist has pushed me to keep pursuing music as my career” -Riley Biederer

Biederer said, “before the voice I was already signed to Elton John’s Rocket management from ages 15 to 19.” At that point in time, she knew that music was her passion and she wanted to turn it into a career. She was torn between following her career or attending school. Yet, with a supportive family, she took the route less traveled and chased her dreams.

Biederer used the Voice to create opportunities for her career and eventually went on tour with Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys. She said, “I went on Nick’s All-American Tour and we traveled between the U.S. and Canada.”

The experience that she had on the Voice convinced her to pack and move from Atlanta to Los Angeles in order to further her career. Biederer has continued to release music as she dropped her EP called, Heaven and Heartaches in 2020. She has a steady following of around 15,000 monthly listeners on Spotify, but it does not stop there.

Biederer plans to continue following her career as a singer-songwriter for the foreseeable future. Biederer said, “I already have songs set to be released in 2021 going into 2022.”

She also mentioned how her career has taken a bit of a new direction as she has begun songwriting for other artists. Biederer has co-writing credits with artists such as Tim McGraw, Jimmy Allen, and even Jesse McCartney. She acquired this skill when she was in Nashville and was unsure whether she would continue as a songwriter or a singer.

She currently resides in Los Angeles and continues to work on her own music as well as write for other well-known artists. Biederer said, “The Voice pushed me and inspired me to keep going in my career choice.” The experience of the Voice has given her the motivation to make sure her voice is heard around the world.