2021’s Most Popular Movie Release

Watching movies has been one of the most popular pastimes and forms of entertainment for the past 130 years. Whether it’s finding a good watch on Netflix or going to an actual movie theater, movies will always be a hit.

According to the Domestic Box Office for 2021, in the order of gross profit, coming in fifth place is A Quiet Place Part 2. “Following the events at home, the Abbott family now face the terrors of the outside world. Forced to venture into the unknown, they realize the creatures that hunt by sound are not the only threats lurking beyond the sand path,” imdb.com describes the film’s plot as. The total gross revenue for this second movie is listed as $160,072,261.

Sitting in fourth place is F9: The Fast Saga. The movie series, The Fast and The Furious has been a fan favorite since the release of the first movie in 2001. The movie summary reads, “Dom and the crew must take on an international terrorist who turns out to be Dom and Mia’s estranged brother.” The movie grossed $173,005,945 this year.

With a $182,031,539 profit already after hitting theaters this month, Venom: Let There Be Carnage takes third place. “Eddie Brock attempts to reignite his career by interviewing serial killer Cletus Kasady, who becomes the host of the symbiote Carnage and escapes prison after a failed execution,” the plot summary states.

Leading just ahead of third place is Black Widow. “Natasha Romanoff confronts the darker parts of her ledger when a dangerous conspiracy with ties to her past arises,” the movie summary reads. The movie has grossed $ 183,651,655 since July 2021.

In first place sits Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings according to the Domestic Box Office. The film has hit a whopping $220,993,337 profit in a little over two months. The plot description says, “Shang-Chi, the master of weaponry-based Kung Fu, is forced to confront his past after being drawn into the Ten Rings organization.”

The movies that take the two top rankings on the list were both released from the Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures distributor.