Life Advice For Students From Clark Howard

In a recent episode of Clark Howard’s podcast, “The Clark Howard Show”, he spoke to graduates and offered advice on post-graduation life, finding a job, and following your passion. 

Clark Howard is a leading consumer advocate and money expert who has been sharing practical advice to help people save more and spend less for more than 30 years.

Howard gave advice to students looking for a job and said, “Through your working lifetime, try to always do what you love. Don’t be in a job where you’re miserable going to.”

When talking about basing your job decision on money, Howard said, “Money should not be worshipped, but money is surely appreciated from the work you do. Money is not what creates joy or satisfaction in your life. What creates joy and satisfaction in your life are the relationships in your life.”

“I find that people who pursue a passion do so much better mentally and emotionally over time,” said Howard. 

Howard advised those 24-years-old and younger, “Don’t do what you’re going to do with your life because a parent told you that’s what you should be doing. You can love that parental influence, but do what you love as what you do.”

The full podcast episode and other episodes can be found here.

Photo of Clark Howard from Clark.com

Other podcast episodes and advice on money, life, and everything in between can be found at Clark.com.

Financial help for University of North Georgia students can be found here.

UNG students seeking advice on careers can find information at Career Services.