Jeffree Lerner Creates Art from Psychic Energy

Jeffrey Lerner Photo by Sarah Cochran

Jeffree Lerner has been an artist his whole life, and he doesn’t plan on stopping anytime soon. At 21, Lerner started painting and creating professionally 16 years ago.

“I’m from the present moment, but I was born in Denver, Colorado,” Lerner said. He has been in Dahlonega for nine years. Lerner sells his art at the different festivals throughout the year and also designed the 2018 HemlockFest poster.

Photo by Sarah Cochran

“I really get the inspiration from the present moment,” Lerner said, “…and the fact that I need to support a family really inspires me, too.”

He said he gets inspiration from the surrounding world, creation, “the great I Am, the eternal present moment,” and this is also where he feels most at home. 

“[My art] is mostly made up of psychic energy,” Lerner said, in addition to wood, acrylic paint, glow in the dark paint, glitter paint, and a mount on the back of it. 

“My favorite part of the process honestly is like when I have a stack of pieces that I’m ready to put the colors on,” Lerner said, “…spreading it all out and hitting all the red then hitting all the orange.”

“I am a multidimensional being with a mission to like spread the word of the Most High in my art… the cosmic divine thing that is running through everybody and everything… the thing that… makes us go. Like the thinker behind the thinking” – Jeffree Lerner. 

Each piece of art the Lerner creates is cleverly crafted with creativity and kindness.

“I intend that like the spirit of goodness and truth and healing and peace is gonna like somehow… come through the art and that people will be able to perceive that while it’s in their house,” Lerner said. 

Photo by Sarah Cochran

“I’ve had a lot of people come and be like ‘man I bought your art like ten years ago and I just want you to know that like I look at that thing all the time and it just makes me smile’ and…that’s why I do it,”  Lerner said. 

“The future for me is… hopefully becoming a more baller artist,” said Lerner, “…just more art and more music. And more connections with people. More love.”

Follow Lerner on Instagram if you are interested in purchasing one of his pieces, having a custom one crafted, or keeping up with when and where he will be selling his art.