Take Two: UNG Ready for NLE Choppa Concert

NLE Choppa (photo by WikiWikiSkylar)

The University of North Georgia is hosting a concert featuring NLE Choppa and Hotel Fiction on Dec. 2. Entry is free to UNG students and the concert will be in the Convocation Center on the UNG Dahlonega campus.

The concert is under the direction of the UNG Office of Student Involvement and Nighthawks Entertainment. The purpose of the concert is to make up for Fetty Wap’s absence at September’s concert.

NLE Choppa, whose real name is Bryson Lashun Potts, is a Memphis-born rapper most known for his hits “Walk Em Down,” which currently has over 300 million streams on Spotify, and “CAPO,” which features over 100 million streams. NLE Choppa has over 10 million monthly listeners to his name on Spotify.

The opening act features an Athens, Georgia-based group, Hotel Fiction. Hotel Fiction consists of two artists, Jade Long and Jessica Thompson, who studied at the University of Georgia. They began performing together in 2019. Their most streamed song on Spotify, “Astronaut Kids,” boasts over a million streams.

The Office of Student Involvement began handing out tickets to students on Nov. 15 and will continue to give them out until Dec. 1. Tickets are being handed out on the 2nd floor of Hoag in Dahlonega, in the Offices of Student Involvement in Gainesville and Oconee, the Pod on the Cumming campus and the front office of the Blue Ridge campus.

A flyer for the NLE Choppa Concert (photo courtesy of UNG Nighthawks Entertainment Instagram Page)

There will also be 1,000 guest tickets available at the gates of the concert for non-UNG students, a UNG student must be present to acquire a guest ticket. Students who still have tickets to the Fetty Wap concert may exchange them.

Faxon Childress, a sophomore parks, recreation, and tourism major at Clemson University, is ready to drive down for the concert.

Childress says, “Fetty Wap let us all down, but NLE Choppa picked us back up after all. I’m excited to go to this concert even if it wasn’t the original plan.”

The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 2, and doors will open at 6:30 p.m. to all students with a ticket.

Featured image of NLE Choppa by WikiWikiSkylar