Let the Dahlonega Apartment Hunt Begin

After Freshman year is finally over, for many it is time to find an apartment near campus.

This can be a long and grueling process, so here are the most popular options for student apartment housing close to the University of North Georgia’s Dahlonega campus.

First up: Bellamy Dahlonega

Bellamy sign Photo by Luke Rowe

Bellamy is a student housing community that offers three, four and five-bedroom apartment homes.

Bellamy pool Photo by Luke Rowe
Bellamy hammocks Photo by Luke Rowe

The website says the complex offers “resort-like amenities”  with the outdoor crescent shaped pool which is open all year long. If you are looking for a calm place to study or just relax, they have outdoor hammocks around a fireplace for a great community setting.

View room availability at Dahlonega Student Housing at University of North Georgia | Bellamy Dahlonega.

Next up: University Heights

Photo by Luke Rowe

The University Heights Townhomes are another option located right down the street from Bellamy. There is also a school shuttle that goes from the apartments to the University of North Georgia campus.

These townhomes feature four bedrooms and four full bathrooms. Rent per person is $448.75 and $70 – $90 for utilities each month.

Burnout mark at UH Photo by Luke Rowe

This specific living option tends to be a rowdier area. Taylor Friedel, a senior communications major says, “UH [University Heights] is the party complex so it’s never quiet. UH was nice being a short drive to campus but it was impossible to get maintenance and it’s always so loud because people are always partying and hanging out.”

Find availability at University Heights Townhome | University of North Georgia | Off-Campus Housing Search (ung.edu).

Owen Hall

Photo by Luke Rowe

Owen Hall is the on-campus option for upperclassman and athletes. The apartments have four bedrooms and two shared bathrooms. They also have a kitchen and a shared living space.

It costs $4,000 per semester to live here and includes free laundry facilities.

Sydney Bolyard, a sophomore Kinesiology major says, “Overall, I really liked it. I didn’t enjoy the rules with Covid and no visitors, but it was nice. The maintenance was quick, and the facilities are nice.”

Parking deck next to Owen Hall Photo by Luke Rowe

Parking at your apartment is something very important to consider. Sydney says, “The main lot closest to the building was always full and the next closest was the parking deck or the convocation center, but they were oftentimes full too.”

Hawks Nest

Hawks nest Photo by Luke Rowe

Hawks Nest is another apartment complex like Bellamy with its style of living. It is located a little past University Heights.

These are fully furnished apartments with four beds and four full bathrooms. It includes a washer and dryer in the unit and fiber-optic high-speed internet.

It also features an outdoor fire pit for the community to hang out and socialize.

Rent costs $615 a month for a private room with your own full bathroom.

Check out this option at HawksNest Common | Apartments In Dahlonega, GA (hawksnestcommons.com)

Hawks nest fire pit Photo by Luke Rowe

The Laurels

Photo by Luke Rowe

The Laurels is a community of townhomes about a mile away from the Dahlonega Square. They feature four rooms and four and a half bathrooms. The rent costs $690 a month including utilities.

The community is nice and calm and it very new. They have started to expand and plan to build more down the hill.

Niah Kalpak, a junior Psychology major says, “I think the location is convenient for class, but they are actually the nicest apartments or off-campus housing options in Dahlonega.

To get more information on The Laurels go to Walden & Co. Realty | Dahlonega, Ga Real Estate (waldenco.com).