Coffee Break: Cats, Coffee and Collectibles in Dahlonega Square

The clutter outside Coffee Break (photo by Edward Purser)

Located just next to the Dahlonega square is a small coffee shop called Coffee Break. The shop features unique belongings and antiques that spill out onto the sidewalk. While the primary purpose of the business is to sell coffee, visitors can also buy objects and oddities that they find within. The inside of the shop is just as cluttered as the outside.

Maggie Rogers, a customer at Coffee Break, says, “I loved the atmosphere, as in the lighting, smell, décor and my coffee was superb.” However, she also adds, “The lady isn’t very welcoming when you come in.”

Reviews online seem to have similar mixed feelings about the shop.

With just 1.6 stars on Google reviews, Coffee Break is one of the lowest-rated businesses in Dahlonega. According to the reviews, people seem to either love the place or hate it. There are five-star reviews that compliment the atmosphere and coffee, but there are also many one-star reviews, most of which seem to mention being turned away by an older woman described as “rude” and “unfriendly.”

The cluttered interior of Coffee Break (photo by Edward Purser)

Many reviews mention that they enjoyed the presence of a cat who lounges around in the shop. One customer, Victoria Cortez, described the inside of the shop as “Like another world.” She says that her favorite part about the business was the cat that lives in the shop. However, she also finished off by saying, “The lady who owns the shop was not very nice.”

Even with all of the mixed reviews that Coffee Break gets, it’s probably worth checking out at least once. Who knows, you might even end up finding your new favorite place to get coffee.