Academic Excellence Recognized in Dean’s and President’s List

Students with outstanding academic achievement during the 2021 fall semester were recognized by University of North Georgia President Bonita Jacobs in the Dean’s and President’s List earlier this month. 

For the Dean’s List, the respective deans from each of the UNG campuses compile separate lists of recognized students. To be recognized, a student must have a 3.5 GPA with 12 or more credit hours. For the fall 2021 semester over 2,300 students were recognized in this semester’s Dean’s List. 

Photo by: Peggy Cozart

For a student to be included in the President’s List, they must finish the semester with a 4.0 GPA with 12 or more credit hours. Out of the estimated 20,000 students who attend UNG only about 1,800 students were named in the Presidents List. The President’s List is exclusively for students in an associate degree or dual enrollment program. Students with the same achievements in a bachelor degree program are included in the President’s Honor Roll.

One of the students honored in the Presidents List was Jonathan Howell, a sophomore finance major. For Howell, being included on the President’s List was “the biggest goal I had for the semester.” To achieve this goal Howell had many long nights and learned to balance his social and academic life.

Jonathan Howell

For Howell achieving this goal is an affirmation of his hard work and perseverance, a piece of advice from Howell that kept him focused “when you think you’ve done enough… odds are you haven’t.”

Vice President of University relations and Chief of Staff at UNG Kate Maine said “The President’s and Dean’s List are long-standing traditions that honor students’ academic achievements each semester.” 

To view the President’s and Dean’s List visit https://ung.meritpages.com/