Fine Dining and Wood-Fire Pizza in Dahlonega

Tucked away in the hills of Dahlonega is a wood-fire pizza restaurant bringing quality Italian cuisine to locals and tourists alike. The Trattoria di Montaluce menu consists of a wide variety of pizza, pasta and many other Italian dishes. It has been open since the end of June 2021, and it is open Sunday through Thursday 11 a.m. to  9 p.m. and Friday and Saturday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.. 

Photo by Karina Beresford

Karina Beresford is a bartender and has worked at the Trattoria since day one. “Overall this has been one of my favorite jobs that I’ve worked because of the wonderful staff and all the experience I’ve gained. It can be extremely stressful but always rewarding and worth it,” says Beresford.

While the ambiance of the Trattoria holds a degree of sophistication, it is certainly less than that of Montaluce. The price point of the Trattoria is also much more modest in comparison, and portions are larger for the same quality of food. 

“The food and drinks are top tier. Everything is house made and freshly prepared, and you can taste the effort put in. Just my biased opinion but definitely the best pizza I’ve had,” says Beresford.

Weekends are the busiest times for the Trattoria with tourists coming to Dahlonega. For locals, week days with the exception of Friday are the best days to visit and truly enjoy the restaurant without the crowd. 

Photo by Sarah Cochran

“We get mixed clientele. From local families to super wealthy people from all over the south,” says Beresford. 

For more information, visit the Trattoria di Montaluce website