DPi Class Sent Off with Dramatic Finish at 25th Annual Motul Petit Le Mans

Photo by Cannon Crompton

It wouldn’t be the Motul Petit Le Mans without a dramatic ending.

At Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, the intensity was there from the start and came down to the very end.

The DPi classification’s final race was at the 2022 IMSA season finale at Road Atlanta. Meyer Shank Racing’s No. 60 Acura ARX-05 DPi secured the win after a well driven race. With this win, drivers Oliver Jarvis and Tom Blomqvist won the Motul Petit Le Mans and had the most points for the season.

Photo by Cannon Crompton

Jarvis and Blomqvist needed to finish ahead of Ricky Taylor and Filipe Albuquerque, who drive the No. 10 Acura ARX-05 for Wayne Taylor Racing. In the final hour of the race, the No. 10 Acura made contact with another car and caused rear damage to the Acura. This ended their chances of securing the championship.

In the LMP2 class, the No. 8 Tower Motorsports car driven by John Farano, Louis Deletraz and Rui Andrade got their third straight win at Road Atlanta. With their Motul Petit Le Mans, they also secured the season win with the most points. The No. 8 car was at the front of the pack for the majority of the 10 hour race.

The LMP3 winner at the Petit Le Mans was the No. 34 Andretti Autosports car driven by Jarrett Andretti, Josh Burdon and Gabby Chaves. Despite coming in fourth, the CORE autosport No. 54 Ligier JS P320 driven by Colin Braun, Jon Bennett and George Kurtz won the season class with the most points.

Photo by Cannon Crompton

The GTD PRO class had possibly the most drama, after a late penalty gave the Petit Le Mans win to Vasser Sullivan’s No. 14 Lexus RC F GT3 driven by Jack Hawksworth, Ben Barnicoat and Kyle Kirkwood.

The No. 62 Risi Competizione Ferrari 488 GT3 crossed the finish line first, but their driver Daniel Serra was given a penalty for driving four hours in a six hour period. The penalty resulted in them moving to the bottom of the standings.

No. 9 Pfaff Porsche got third at the Petit Le Mans and secured the season win with the most points in the GTD PRO class.

Photo by Cannon Crompton

Feature Image by Cannon Crompton