Swampfest Was Fire

mason pearson

Swampfest is an annual event held by professional BMX rider, Trey Jones. This event is hosted by Spyder Motocross, in Longwood, Florida. Swampfest is a time of year where BMX riders gather from across the world to ride a variety of obstacles built out of pallets and various materials. The best part, at the end they burn everything to the ground.

Riders from professionals to beginner level participate in events like grinds over swamp water, giant roller coaster like rails, and long jumps. One of the main events included the Fast and Loose bowl jam, where a concrete bowl was constructed in the middle of the swamp. Throughout the event flame spitters, cyclists, skateboarders, southerners, dirt bikers, go-carters, and many types of other absurdities could be seen. The event even featured a death metal band, and throughout the performance audience members threw fireworks in all directions. The event goers also built their own obstacles after the event to keep the party going. At multiple points a pit of fire was constructed and event participants jumped over said pit on their bikes. No lasting injuries were reported.

Garret Reynolds links three tricks down a rail. Photo by Mason Pearson
Rob Christianson lays back for a one hander amidst flaming rubble. Photo by Mason Pearson
A flame spitter spews flames in front of a pit of fire. Photo by Mason Pearson

A flame spitter throws flames while a bottle rocket flies over head. Photo by Mason Pearson
Event goer jumps from the top floor of a castle, to a moat below. Photo by Mason Pearson
Mark Mulville does a superman air. Photo By Mason Pearson

Jamie Thayer does a barspin gap, into double peg grind down a rail. Photo by Mason Pearson
Trevor Siglock flies across frame during the Fast and Loose bowl jam. Photo By Mason Pearson
Chris James pocket airs in the Fast and Loose bowl. Photo by Mason Pearson
Aryei Levenson bar spins out of a double peg grind. Photo by Mason Pearson
A mountain biker pedals across frame amidst flaming rubble. Photo by Mason Pearson