UNG Men’s Soccer to Finish Regular Season Undefeated at Home

Photo by Jordan Godfree

The University of North Georgia Men’s Soccer team secured an undefeated home record for the regular season after picking up a 2-1 win against Flagler College on Saturday, Oct. 21.

The Nighthawks will finish their regular season with a 6-0-1 home record. The only non-win for North Georgia came against Lander University in a 0-0 tie. North Georgia will have a chance to beat Lander in a road matchup for their final game of the regular season. 

This season will mark the first time the Men’s Soccer team has gone undefeated playing at home since the UNG Soccer Complex at Lynn Cottrell Park opened in 2004. 

The last time the Nighthawks won six home games in a season was 2016, when the Men’s Soccer team finished 6-5 at home. 

Sophomore defender Max Garnett said the crowds have had a lot to do with the team’s success at home. 

“We enjoy performing well in front of our home fans,” Garnett said. “With the crowds being so big recently it has really pushed us and helped us win some of these close games the past few weeks.” 

Garnett also said he thinks it’s amazing for the team to be in a position to potentially host the Peach Belt Conference Tournament games in November. 

The Nighthawks currently sit at 8-5-2 overall on the season, but their regular season will end without a loss in Dahlonega.

“The way this season has gone I think we deserve [to be] where we are at and this opportunity,” Garnett said. “We definitely have the players to make something special happen this year.”