ATL Comic Convention 2024 Wraps Up Another Year of Fun

Stillman Blaylock
Hundreds of vendors all promoting unique and fun merchandise for attendees enjoy the convention

ATL Comic Convention ended its three-day run last weekend drawing crowds from across the country. Held at the Georgia World Congress Center, the event showcased the vibrant and ever-expanding world of movies, TV shows and gaming. This year’s convention was especially notable for its star-studded guest list and seemingly unlimited vendor booths inside the building. 

With hundreds of vendors spread across the main convention floor, attendees were treated to a treasure trove of merchandise, talented custom artwork and cosplay accessories. The atmosphere buzzed with excitement as fans eagerly walked the aisles exploring every new thing and hunting for hidden gems and chatting with fellow enthusiasts. Samantha Roberts, dedicated cosplayer, said the celebrity guest list has gotten better every year.

“I’ve been coming to this for years and I always have the best time, the variety of vendors here is absolutely insane, plus I always find something new to add to my collection.”- Samantha Roberts, dedicated cosplayer

The convention provided a platform for attendees to meet their favorite celebrities on Celebrity Row. Fans lined up for hours to get special autographs and photo opportunities with industry icons, soaking in the opportunity to connect with the creative minds behind their beloved characters and stories.

One of the highlights of the event was the presence of celebrity guests who graced the convention with their star power. Charles Martinet, best known as the voice of Nintendo’s iconic character Super Mario, delighted fans with his infectious energy and signature catchphrases. John Rhys Davies, beloved for his roles in “The Lord of the Rings” and “Indiana Jones” franchises, charmed attendees with his anecdotes from a storied career in Hollywood. Jared Padalecki, known for his role as Sam Winchester in the hit TV series “Supernatural,” and his wife Genevieve hosted a panel where they answered questions about their time on set throughout the years. 

Voice actor Charles Martinet took pictures with fans and signed autographs at the event. (ATL Comic Convention)

The ATL Comic Convention once again proved itself to be a must-visit destination for fans, promising even more excitement and surprises in the years to come.