Taylor Swift Announces Fifteenth Album

Swifites rejoice…Taylor’s in her next album era
Madilynn Jordan
Taylor Swift performing at the Eras Tour in front of a sold-out crowd at Mercedes- Benz Stadium.

Taylor Swift, the 14-time GRAMMY award winning musical artist, has announced the release of her next studio album: “The Tortured Poets Department.” 

Swift made the announcement of her upcoming album at the 2024 Grammy Awards on Feb. 4 during her acceptance speech as she won the award for best pop vocal album for “Midnights”. Swift told the audience that she had been keeping a secret from the public for two years, revealing her brand-new album with a release date of April 19. Immediately after sharing the news at the Grammys, Swift shared the announcement on her social media accounts with the album title, cover art, release date and a tagline, “All’s fair in love and poetry.” 

After nearly two years, Swift is back to releasing studio albums, with “The Tortured Poets Department” being her 11th and her first since “Midnights” released on Oct. 21, 2022. Swift has continued to put out content for fans, re-releasing previous studio albums, “Speak Now,” and “1989,” as Taylor’s Version in 2023. 

“The Tourtured Poets Department” will feature 16 songs along with a bonus track titled, “The Manuscript.” On Feb. 5, Swift released the tracklist, which revealed the song titles and features of Post Malone and Florence + The Machine on two tracks. Swifties have been theorizing who or what the songs are about based on their titles. Fans have also tossed around the idea that Swift’s current boyfriend, Travis Kelce, tight end for the Kansas City Chiefs, will somehow appear on the album. 

Ben Lilley, senior digital marketing major, said he thinks Kelce may be mentioned in a song but not featured as a singer. 

“I always love it when artists drop new stuff because there’s a possibility that one of the songs is gonna be really good.” – Ben Lilley, senior digital marketing major 

During the most recent shows in Melbourne and Sydney, Australia of her Eras Tour, Swift announced two bonus versions of her newest album, titled, “The Bolter,” and, “The Albatross.” Both versions will feature an exclusive track and will be released alongside the original version of the album on April 19.

Swift continues to dominate pop culture as one of the most significant celebrities of this generation. In less than two months, Swift will add to her already legendary career.