The Ice Cream Social

The+Ice+Cream+Social.+
Lizzy Gordon
The Ice Cream Social.

The Ice Cream Social is a five-star dessert shop in Forsyth County. The business opened last June and already won best of Forsyth 2023.

“It was so exciting winning best of Forsyth. We had only been in business a few months at that point. It was an honor,” said Tara Obermeyer, Ice Cream Social owner.

Tara and Jay Obermeyer serve the best flavors from the classics to unique options.

The outside of the shop. (Lizzy Gordon)

The Ice Cream Social has given the Forsyth community a great place to hang out with friends and family. The shop is a place for anyone to feel at home.

“We are from New York where there are so many mom-and-pop ice cream shops. It was always a special place. It was a nice place to be with family. We felt like Forsyth didn’t have that and we wanted a place for so many kids, including ours.” – Tara Obermeyer, Owner of Ice Cream Social

The shoppe focuses on family values. Their logo is an ice-cream cone with three pink scoops to represent the Obermeyers three daughters.

Some of the retail on display. (Lizzy Gordon)

“My girls and husband helped with everything. I’m so happy my girls are a part of the shop, and they care about it as much as I do,” said Obermeyer.

The Ice Cream Social also sells candy, sodas, merchandise and games.

“We tried to make it different having the retail, the candy and all the different flavors. We wanted to make a good vibe in here,” said Obermeyer.

The pink bubbly aesthetic brings in a crowd and has given the Obermeyers opportunities for brand photoshoots and location buyouts for parties.

The Ice Cream Social has a huge hand in sponsorships, including the University of North Georgia with events like Run Dahlonega.

“I’m trying to make this a community-based business where we can give back. We have had fun doing fundraisers and the events are really picking up,” said Obermeyer.

The Obermeyers recommend their favorite flavors special praline and red velvet cake, but their best seller is stellar coffee. Be sure to check out those flavors.

The Ice Cream Social is located at 5071 Post Rd. #301 in Cumming, GA. Their hours vary throughout the week and can be found on their Instagram or website.

For sponsorships and special events, contact the shop here.