Hoschton’s Fall Festival

Leaves are changing colors, and pumpkin spice is hitting shelves. People are beginning to celebrate the start of fall, and what better way to start than a Fall Festival. 

Hoschton recently hosted their annual Fall Festival on Oct.1-Oct.3, where families gathered around to enjoy car shows, vendors, concerts, and food. The festival allowed vendors to promote their business and let their craftsmenship shine. 

A unique stand at the festival was Baby Bells, where they sell a variety of candy apples. These apples were begging anyone walking by to stop and ask about them. With bright colors popping out, Baby Bells had a long line of ready customers to try their amazing flavors from cheesecake to Almond Joy.

Gwen Bell, the owner of Baby Bell explains how they started their company seven years ago from a childhood memory. 

“Growing up in the church, I always saw the Deacon set up apples for sale in the church at Gainesville,” – Gwen Bell. 

Bell’s childhood memory allowed her to start a small business where she now greets every guest with a cheerful smile and is ready to answer any questions. 

These fantastic creations did not stop at apples; there were various food options to choose from at the festival. 

A novel food stand was Red Hill that sold authentic Jamaican dishes. Passing the stand, they had a big stereo playing traditional Jamaican music, drawing everyone’s attention. The stand had jerk chicken, jerk pork, sweet potatoes, and rice where they provided spicy and non-spicy options for the less brave.

However, what made anyone stop was Chef Tony, a very charismatic, lively, and welcoming soul who promised everyone the best food.

The festival did not just cater food and drinks; there was also a vendor who hand-made sculptures, mugs, and pots. Tina Lawrence, owner of Dream by Day Design described how one of her whale sculptures took her five years to make. 

Lawrence explained how difficult it was creating the anatomy of the whale and how she kept on stalling, but it has now become her favorite sculpture. 

Any fall festival is not complete without an ax-throwing stand. An individual can throw an ax ten times for $20, and the instructor will supervise you just in case your husband made you mad that day. In addition, the instructor helps guide you and gives you feedback on how to hit the bullseye. 

The Hoschton Fall Festival was crowded with smiling faces of children, adults, and dogs. Where everyone came out to enjoy quality time with their family and embrace the beginning of fall.