Fright and Fun All in One

Fall Fest Fright edition was held on Oct. 13 by Nighthawks Entertainment.

After planning since last summer, the organization was able to bring activities and food for all the students.

The Fall fest had a mechanical pumpkin similar to a mechanical bull but way more challenging to stay on top. After talking to Fernando Lopez, who controlled the ride, he commented, “ I tried going easy on the girls, but they just can’t seem to grab on tight; I think the person who lasted the longest was a guy, and it was only about 10 seconds.” 

Many even had difficulty hopping on the ride; most of the girls had to help each other. Noel Calderon said his pants ended up ripping when he tried wrapping his legs around the pumpkin. 

They also had a buried alive experience that began with a couple of scares and pop-ups. It wasn’t till you made it to the middle where you had to cross between two compressing inflatable bags that gave you the buried alive experience. Lindsey Carranza said, “ If that’s how it feels to be buried alive, then I don’t wish that on anyone. I felt like it wasn’t ending and just wanted to give and die there.” 

Their third activity was bobbing for apples inflatable. Two students had to tie a rope around their waist and run to the middle, where they would grab as many apples as possible. The trick was when you reached the center; the rope would pull you back, either making you fall or not letting you grab as many apples as you wanted.

They also included other organizations such as the Students for Environmental Awareness—art club, Georgia Association Nursing students, Public Relations Students Society of America, and Multicultural Student Association. Their purpose was to inform students about their organization and the goal. Afterward, they would play activities and receive a treat at the end.  

Yet, it wouldn’t be a complete fall fest without food. Each student received two tickets that allowed them two foods of their choice, a funnel cake, corn dog, street corn, and chips and dip, along with drinks and apple cider.

Nathalia Ingles, President of Nighthawks Entertainment, said that all of their activities are for the students to have a way to relax and have fun in school. She added,” We do want students to know that we welcome their ideas and thoughts when it comes to events; we want to plan them according to their interest.” NHE wants to motivate students to join their club and meetings to make the events even more extensive and exciting. They have meetings every Monday at 1 p.m., in meeting room two in the student center.