UNG Miracle Needs You

“Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta helps you forget that you are in the hospital with the
events that they put on for the kids. I want to be able to give back to the hospital and the
kids that are currently fighting these battles.” – Loren Foster, UNG Miracle member

The University of North Georgia’s Miracle organization is asking for your help in order to raise
money. Miracle is a student-based organization that benefits Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.

The goal is to use donations to help create a more positive environment for the unfortunate
children that have extended stays at the hospital. This would include; toys, blankets, technology,
and anything that can help brighten a sick child’s day.

Loren Foster is a current UNG student and a member of miracle. She credits her own
experiences as the reason she is passionate about the organization. “As a kid that grew up and
spent many days and nights at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, I understand how important it
is to have access to playrooms. Spending countless days there until I aged out of their service,
it taught me to really appreciate all that the hospital does for the kids to enjoy the time while they
are there.” She said.

Last years contribution by Miracle was perhaps the most important in its history. The
COVID-19 pandemic overflowed hospitals and some of these sick adolescents were at risk of
being put on the back burner. However, UNG Miracle stepped in. Foster alone was able to raise
$500 and that money was used to purchase personal protection equipment to try and combat the
virus.

Those looking to help the cause have the option to donate to the organization or become a
member themselves. “A student can become involved in Miracle by attending the monthly
meetings and setting up a donor drive page.” Foster said. Additional information about how to
donate or join can be found at https://miracleung.squarespace.com/

With the holiday season fast approaching it’s important that we think of the less fortunate,
especially the sick children that will have to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas in a hospital bed.
Even the smallest of contributions can go a long way into making the kids of Children’s
Healthcare of Atlanta better.