Super Bowl LVI: Zero Versus the Hero

Super Bowl LVI: Zero Versus the Hero

Super Bowl LVI takes place on Feb. 13, 2022, in Los Angeles at SoFi Stadium. Joe Burrow and the Cincinnati Bengals are taking on Matthew Stafford and the Los Angeles Rams.

The Bengals finished the regular season at the top of the AFC North with a record of 10-7.  The LA Rams finished the regular season at the top of the NFC West with a record of 12-5.

The 2022 Super Bowl is the second year in a row that a team has received home-field advantage. The NFL released a statement that if this is to occur again then the location will be moved to AT&T Stadium in Dallas.

The Bengals have not reached the super bowl since 1981, and they have never had the honors of holding the Lombardi trophy.

The Rams have attended five super bowls but have not been victorious yet. They lost to the Patriots in 2018 but they look to change their luck in 2022.

The Bengals have added a lot of young talent after the past two seasons such as Ja’Marr Chase and Joe Burrow. This dynamic quarterback, receiver combo looks to win their first super bowl.

The Rams have also made a number of acquisitions this season in order to hoist the Lombardi trophy. They have added young talent in Sony Michel but also veteran talents such as Matthew Stafford and Odell Beckham Jr.

The game will be broadcasted on NBC and Peacock premium, and game time begins at 6:30 p.m. est. The game is expected to be highly attended and viewed as it features two teams that have not competed at this level in recent years.

The match-up that everyone is excited for in this game is the Rams stout defense versus the Bengals dynamic offense. The Bengals have broken offensive records all season long, but the Rams defense is ranked second in the NFL.

The match-up is predicted to be a high scoring-game with most analysts predicting that the first team to 35 points will win the game.

A big story for the NFL is the difference in these two teams’ salary caps this season. The Bengals have acquired their key players after getting high draft picks yet the Rams elected to pay big amounts for all of their star players. Some have now coined the 2022 Super Bowl the zeroes versus the heroes or my favorite the David versus the Goliath.