Create Your Passion

Art is a creative expressive outlet for many, especially 19-year-old Emma Hammond. 

Hammond is a University of North Georgia student who loves all forms of art which has been one of her passions since she was young. 

The sophomore has experienced many amazing opportunities as an artist but one of the most memorable is being able to paint murals in restaurants. 

Hammond has been commissioned by multiple Korean BBQ restaurant chains such as “Q” located in Cumming and Columbus to come in and paint the interior of the restaurant. 

She had complete creative freedom throughout the process and now her artwork is displayed all along the walls for customers to appreciate.

It took weeks to complete and required help from friends. 

“There are lots of different things that inspire me to draw or create art. Some of the most common inspirations for me are friends, media, and other artists,” she said.

Hammond enjoys drawing and creating characters on her iPad during her free time. She is constantly trying to improve her skills and technique as an artist. 

The UNG student is currently majoring in digital art and plans to incorporate this into her future career. Her lifelong dream is to be an animator. 

“Being an independent artist is also something I would love to pursue, but overall, just having a job in the art industry is my goal.” – Emma Hammond 

She has done projects with many mediums such as painting and sculpting but her favorite form is digital art.

Hammond opened her own Etsy and Redbubble shops where she sells a variety of products such as stickers and pins. She draws, colors, and uploads the artwork onto her profile. 

She has been accepting commissions as a secondary form of income. Hammond enjoys being a freelance artist with the ability to set her rules, schedule and prices.

“I find the most rewarding aspect of my art is people’s happiness and I hope I can continue to improve so I can share my art and passion with the world,” said Hammond.