How students live: Home and abroad

The Hoag Student Center, located on the Dahlonega campus at the University of North Georgia, is a practical study spot and dining hall for students trying to find a quiet space to settle down during the day.
Corps of Cadets members Jacques Casimir and David Essex adhere to COVID-19 protocols in the University of North Georgia recreation center.
Many UNG students have elected to take fully online classes, such as Jennifer Herrig’s Psychology 1101 class, to avoid the potential spread of COVID-19. Both hybrid and fully online classes will still be offered next semester.
Students at UNG have access to multiple dining options, one of which being in-person dining in the Chow Dining Hall, where there are various choices for hungry students.
The UNG library, located on the Dahlonega campus, houses three floors of classrooms, books, study spots and art exhibits created by students. UNG also possesses a comprehensive online library filled with books and databases.
Myles Sedgwick’s Chemistry 1211 class is conducted in a hybrid format, with half the class meeting through Microsoft Teams, and half the class meeting in person on the UNG campus.
Preacher’s Rock is one of Lumpkin County’s premier hiking trails, with stunning panoramic views of the Appalachian Mountains making the short journey a fan-favorite amongst UNG students.
The William J. Livsey Drill Field is a popular spot for UNG students to relax, play sports, and enjoy the company of fellow students. The drill field is named after General William J. Livsey of the United States Army.
Four military grade Blackhawk helicopters took off in unison from the William J. Livsey Drill Field on Thursday, April 22, as part of an annual Corps of Cadets training exercise.
The Chow House Diner, located on the Dahlonega campus at UNG, provides students with an alternative dining option through the use of school-affiliated dining dollars and campus cash.
The sun sets on another day at the University of North Georgia, as seen from the Walker Drive Parking Deck on April 25.
The morning sun dawns on Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, on April 20, as captured by Ethan Harris, a senior business major at the University of Winnipeg.
Senior marketing major Haiden Ward dunks while practicing for an intramural basketball game at D’Youville College in Buffalo, New York. COVID-19 forced D’Youville to cancel its basketball season, but intramural sports are still permitted.
As photographed by junior chemistry major Carlos Campos, Hubbard Hall, constructed in 1903 to serve as a school library, now houses the Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum and Arctic Studies Center at Bowdoin College in Brunswick, Maine. Hubbard Hall is a popular location for photography students on campus.
The Mumbai Suburban Railway station provides transportation to thousands of Indians every day. This photo, captured by Aryan Bhadkamkar, was taken as the railway transported students nearly 60 kilometers to the Churchgate University of Mumbai.
Students at the University of Oregon attend virtual classes due to COVID-19 restrictions. Jennifer Welander’s accounting class is conducted through Zoom three times per week, says freshman accounting major Nicholas Hegdahl.
In Stockholm, residents welcome their local soccer club, AIK, to the first home game of their season during an annual festival held outside the club’s stadium. This photo is courtesy of Gustav Lund, a sophomore marketing major at Stockholm University, and was taken in 2019.
Students at the University of Portsmouth in Portsmouth, England, have taken up hiking to escape the monotony of virtual learning. Anthony Wodzicki, a senior sports management major, captured this photo of his dog Luka on a popular hiking trail near campus on April 18.
Students at the University of California, Los Angeles, frequently travel to nearby parks to hike and explore the nature of Southern California. This photo, captured by junior psychology major Erik Milman on April 17, was taken at Stoney Point overlooking Chatsworth Park in Chatsworth, California.
Dining halls at Portland State University are closed due to COVID-19 restrictions. According to senior accounting major Chad Gowland, students can order food through a any school-affiliated dining service such as DoorDash for dinner.
Junior business majors Erik Lennox, Preston Royal and Rebecca Santos party in their apartment at San Francisco State University. COVID-19 restrictions have not stopped students living off-campus from enjoying themselves during the school year.