Christmastime is Here

Christmas is just around the corner and cities around the University of North Georgia’s campuses are hosting FREE events all throughout the holiday season.

In Gainesville, Christmas on Green Street will be held on Dec. 5 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. This celebration will include a parade, food trucks, open houses, musical group performances, and an appearance from ole St. Nick. Just down the road from the Gainesville campus in Flowery Branch, the annual Christmas Market will be open from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Flowery Branch Train Depot on Dec. 18. The market will have many specialty foods and gift vendors, fun family activities, holiday music, and photo-ops with Santa.

The City of Cumming will host its Christmas parade on Dec. 4 from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. The Cumming Fair website says, “Hundreds of people line the streets to view the magical lighted parade on this festive night.” The parade will begin at Forsyth Central High School and end at the fairgrounds. On Dec. 11 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., the fairgrounds will host Christmas in Cumming where there will be visits and photos with Santa, arts and crafts, and free hot chocolate and s’mores.

In Blue Ridge, the North Georgia Farmers Market will host the Holidaze Celebration Market Dec. 11-12 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day. The market will include items from 40 regional farms, artists, crafters, chefs, and music from local talent.

In Athens, the annual holiday parade will be held on Dec. 2 at 7 p.m. the Beechwood Holiday Market will be open Dec. 2-5 and 9-12. The market will have a Christmas tree farm, hayrides, s’mores, craft stations, food, vendors, and a Santa letter post office. More information can be found here.

In Dahlonega, the town square will be hosting many events throughout the month of December accompanied by beautiful lights in the square. Dahlonega will have carriage rides, tastings, a parade, a gingerbread house workshop, and much more. A full schedule of holiday events happening in Dahlonega can be found here.

Grab your friends, put on a Christmas sweater, and enjoy some holiday fun this Christmas season around your campus!