Get a Job or a Drink at Cracker Barrel

Many students need to work a job throughout their school years and Cracker Barrel is one of many options and they have alcoholic drinks now.

Cracker Barrel dining room Photo by Eden Rowe

Students need a job that is flexible with the busy schedules they have. But they also need something that pays enough to allow them to get by. Eden Rowe, a senior at Landmark Christian School in Fairburn, Georgia, and a server at Cracker Barrel said, “Especially since they are short staffed right now, they are more reasonable when I need to call in sick on short notice. However, if I’m already at work, they are stricter about letting me leave until I’m finished with all of my work, but if they are extremely slow, they sometimes let me go home early.”

They are always in need of more workers which helps the chances of a student who needs a job getting hired.

The closest locations to the Dahlonega campus are the Cumming and the Buford restaurants. There are many more options around the other campuses.

The dining rooms are large and seat lots of people. This means the servers have more tables in their section which helps with making more tips in a shorter period of time. Eden Rowe says, “The best time to make the most money is definitely Sunday mornings through the afternoon. A lot of older people come in for breakfast or lunch after church and they are usually feeling charitable.”

Last fall, the franchise started serving alcohol. They serve beer, wine, and mixed drinks which are a big change from their past non-alcoholic menu. This is a new addition to Cracker Barrel’s tradition of not serving any alcoholic beverages.

Photo by Eden Rowe

Servers make from $3 to $7 an hour plus tips and hosts make $11 an hour.

To find out more about becoming a server at your nearest Cracker Barrel, check out Cracker Barrel Careers & Restaurant Careers.