All-Majors Career Fair Happens This Week

50+ employers will be on the Dahlonega Campus Thursday

Students of all majors are encouraged to stop by this fall’s career fair on Thursday, Sept. 21 between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. on the upper level of the Dahlonega Convocation Center.

There will be over 50 employers at this event to speak with students about internship and employment opportunities. Attending employers include Associated Credit Union, State Farm, the CIA, and many more.

Lisa Walker, assistant director of Career Services, says she recommends that students look at the list of employers attending the career fair, which can be found on Handshake and the Career Services event site. Walker also suggests students research employers and prepare questions beforehand, so they can focus on meeting with organizations that best fit their career goals.

Walker says the career fair is for students at all levels to network and gain insight into future career options. She says, “Career Services is hosting First-Timer Tours for freshman and sophomore students… to take part in a student-led tour to help reduce the intimidation factor by giving you the tricks of the trade to make you feel more comfortable when meeting employers and asking questions.”

She suggests if you’re nearing graduation, bring copies of your resume and cover letter for potential employers. Walker says you should ask questions about what you can do as a student to prepare for a career with the company, and “students should feel free to ask the recruiters what they like about working for their company.”