Nighthawks Entertainment To Host ‘Campus Love Notes’ On Valentines Day

Flyer for “Campus Love Notes,” Nighthawks Entertainment’s newest event. Photo from Nighthawks Entertainment’s UNG Connect page

Nighthawks Entertainment gave students a first look at their upcoming Valentine’s Day event with a flyer advertising fun and romance.

According to President Elias Quintero, “Campus Love Notes is a Valentine’s themed event showing a screening of the movie ‘The Notebook’ starring Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams.”

Quintero elaborated that during the movie guests will be able to enjoy various activities and amenities. These options include painting, DIY jewelry stations, popcorn, drinks and a photo booth.

The event offers canvases for the painting and the photo booth produces photo strips for spectators to take home. The jewelry will also be available to take home.

The event will take place in the Robinson Ballroom of the University of North Georgia’s Gainesville campus and will run from 12 p.m.-2:30 p.m. Quintero said that he hopes students can find relief from their busy schedules at the show.

“We know that university life is stressful with all the exams, deadlines, finals, and rigorous coursework that can be draining and exhausting. So we as an organization put out events for students to enjoy and make their university experience that much better and memorable.”-Elias Quintero, Nighthawks Entertainment President

Nighthawks Entertainment works rigorously to provide students with a plethora of events throughout the school year, although not always to great effect.

The president stated that the group has experienced a downturn of attendance at events ever since the COVID-19 pandemic. Although this year has marked a gradual return in numbers for the “premier student-run organization,” and Quintero hopes that “Campus Love Notes” will continue the trend.

Nighthawks Entertainment’s next event for this semester will be their “Decades Night” on Feb. 29, from 6 p.m.-9p.m. The event promises celebration of the 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s in both fashion and music.

Beyond that, Quintero said that he is excited to not only bring students back with recurring annual events but also introduce exciting new ones.

Nighthawks Entertainment hosts weekly meetings every Wednesday at 12 p.m. in the Robinson Ballroom. Students interested in voicing their opinions on or helping to create events can visit then to learn more.