Gainesville Black Student Union To Host International Night

BSU
The flyer for International Night.

The Black Student Union, a student group on the University of North Georgia’s Gainesville campus, is gearing up for their newest event: a talent show titled International Night, which takes place on Feb. 28 from 5 p.m.-8 p.m.

The event will feature anything performative, from fashion shows and songs to comedy routines, all in the student center’s Robinson Ballroom. Jamaican food will be provided throughout the evening.

Nathaniel Hines, Vice President of BSU and member of the Student Government Association, said that the event will be a great experience for those looking for a break from tedious school activities.

I hope that students will have a fun time while getting exposure to the different cultural backgrounds that we have here at UNG.

— Nathaniel Hines, Vice President of BSU, SGA member and Senior Political Science

To incorporate this idea, BSU is not theming the event solely around black cultures, choosing to partner with other Multicultural Student Affair campus groups to ensure a diverse set of lifestyles are showcased throughout the night.

Geeson Senat, another member of the group, signed up for the show because he, “thought it would be a fun and enriching experience” with his friends.  He said he will be providing vocals for a musical performance at the event.

I hope to just have fun and put on a performance I can look back on and be proud of.

— Geeson Senat, BSU member, SGA member and Senior Political Science major

International Night is actively looking for more student performers to take part in the event. Interested students can scan the QR code included in the events flyer to sign up.

For those interested in joining an MSA student organization, the Gainesville campus has several in addition to BSU, such as the Asian Student Association and Latino Student Association. Both groups can be contacted through their UNG Connect pages.