Capital Race Cars New Owners Promise Bright Future

Capital Racecars Co-Owner, Chad Smith, enjoys the excitement in and around the dirt track.
Caroline Smith

Earlier this year, Capital Race Cars announced their new ownership and race fans were certainly keen to learn more. Shane Clanton and Chad Smith revealed their acquisition of Capital Race Cars from former owner, Marshall Green. Under their new arrangement, Clanton and Smith will take charge of Capital’s race car business, while Green will retain responsibility for manufacturing the chassis. 

Since its inception 13 years ago, Marshall Green and Shane Clanton’s company, Capital Race Cars, has amassed a long list of accomplishments. From countless wins spanning the United States, Australia and Canada to the coveted World Series of late model racing, the DIRT Late Model Dream XVIII National Title in 2015, which was complimented with the Chassis Manufacturer of the Year Award that same year. 

Stillman Blaylock

As the 2024 race season approached, Clanton and Green parted ways, making room for former dirt track racer, Chad Smith out of Cedartown, Georgia to step in as a financial partner with extensive experience and technical knowledge in dirt late model racing. 

“I am really excited to be on the right side of racing and look forward to working with Shane and other Capital drivers to bring the company to the late model forefront.” – Chad Smith, new co-owner of Capital Race Cars 

The success of Capital Race Cars lies in its commitment to innovation and service. The original design, meticulously crafted by Green and Clanton over two years, set the standard for excellence in chassis manufacturing. Rejecting imitation, they ensured that each Capital Race Car remained a one-of-a-kind production, properly crafted to deliver superior performance on the track. 

Since acquiring Capital, Smith and Clanton have moved its headquarters to Cedartown where they have a comprehensible race car shop complete with two bays to increase production rate.  Smith shared they intend to build 30-35 cars in their first year and look to increase that number with continued success on the track. 

Currently, there are hundreds of drivers in Capital Race Cars chasing the checkered flag in multiple race series including World of Outlaws, Hunt the Front and Lucas Oil Series as well as several others in the midwest.  Tony Jackson, out of Lebanon, Missouri, is driving the #25 Capital house car this season and has been racing on dirt since 2009.  Shane Clanton previously drove the Capital house car but decided to take a step back with the recent acquisition to focus on customer service and support on race day in the pits. 

Stillman Blaylock

One thing is for certain, with the combination of experience, success and drive to be the first across the finish line, Capital Race Cars’ legacy of success is in good hands with Clanton and Smith moving forward.