SGA Meeting Off to a Zooming Start

SGA Meeting Off to a Zooming Start

University of North Georgia’s Student Government Association of Gainesville held their first meeting of the Fall 2021 semester on Monday, Aug. 30, at 12 p.m. on Zoom. Members discussed the vacancies on the board as well as the goals of SGA this semester.

Two vacancies on the board need to be filled. Applications for the communications chair and the elections chair are now posted on the student involvement website. Tre Bennet, vice president of Gainesville SGA, said these seats will be filled in the following weeks.

“I hope to increase student involvement in SGA across the Gainesville campus this semester.” -Tre Bennet

The goals of SGA members is to receive more participation in meetings from the student body.

Associate Dean of Students Stacy Rowley attended the meeting and mentioned that she is looking forward to this semester as well as student involvement in SGA.

Prior to the pandemic, meetings were in person. They are now scheduled to be virtual every Monday after Labor Day via Zoom.

There were four members in attendance at the first meeting which lasted less than ten minutes. SGA is hosting a town hall event on Zoom Wednesday, Sept. 8 at 1 p.m. for the entire student body to attend.

SGA Zoom calls are available to the student body and the link for each campus can be found at https://ung.edu/student-involvement/student-government-association/index.php.