Atlanta’s Let’s Fly Balloon Art Museum

It’s a mind changing experience that people don’t see a lot of. I think my personal favorite was the big blow ups that have eyes because it feels like the balloons are alive.

— Harlee Pope, Event Promotions Coordinator

The new Balloon Museum in the Historic Pullman Yards venue in Atlanta is a unique and captivating event for visitors of all ages. Opening on Feb. 17, the “Let’s Fly” exhibition features inflatable installations from 17 international artists that explore gravity, light and darkness. Originally from New York, the museum has been a hit in Rome and Paris and is set to travel to several other cities after its Atlanta run.

DeAnna Mayfield

The museum promises an enchanting experience that blends art, technology and imagination. Visitors are encouraged to immerse themselves in the world of contemporary art that can be touched, moved and felt.

“I think the best part about it, besides the giant ball pit that you get to jump into, is the colorful vibe and energy that it brings. It has everything from giant life-sized exhibits to small intimate settings. The lights, the sounds, are all really something that you can’t get anywhere else. It’s a must see,” says Event Promotions Coordinator, Harlee Pope.

The museum’s interactive exhibits are designed to engage all the senses. From black-lit, anime style punching bags to smoke-emitting bubbles and ominous suspended inner tubes, each display is meant to captivate and entertain. Visitors can embrace their inner child in the giant ball pit, and get messy in the ADA exhibit that features a giant balloon ball with charcoal crayons sticking out of it.

With over 4 million visitors worldwide and prestigious awards under its belt, the Balloon Museum has captured the hearts of many. The exhibit has been featured in popular shows like “Emily in Paris” and continues to draw in crowds with its mesmerizing displays.

Jump in the giant ball pit and get lost in the interactive sound and light show. (DeAnna Mayfield )

Tickets are available online or at the door, with prices set at $39 for adults and $29 for children. The experience will be in Atlanta until April 14. To make the most of your visit, arrive early to avoid long lines and dress casually. This special experience is known to sell out on weekends. Patience is key as lines may form at popular exhibits. Take in the scenery and don’t forget a camera for the interactive “Instagrammable” displays at the end.