Level Up: UNG Dahlonega’s New Game Room

Stillman Blaylock

Get ready to play, relax, and socialize like never before, as the University of North Georgia’s Dahlonega campus unveils its upcoming game-changer: a brand-new Game Room designed exclusively for students.

The UNG’s Dahlonega campus is known for its rich history, academic excellence, and vibrant student community. Though sometimes classes can be a bit overwhelming, and maybe students just want to find a place to sit down and relax. Now, there is a new addition to campus life that is generating excitement among students and faculty alike.

The Game Room promises to be a haven for students seeking a break from their academic routines. Equipped with a variety of gaming consoles and comfortable seating, it offers the perfect setting for students to unwind and bond with friends. 

“I think that it’s a great way to relax and have fun between classes.” – Julia Hall, sophomore at the UNG Dahlonega campus

The UNG Gainesville campus also has a game room with air hockey, pool tables and even a designated computer area for online games and the UNG esports teams. Dahlonega focuses on face-to-face company and even showcases a bit of gaming history by providing original Nintendo and Sega consoles which were originally released back in 1985.

Dahlonega’s game room construction has recently been completed, but it is hidden away on the top floor of the Hoag building. It is a chance to hang out with friends and take a breather in the middle of the school day. As the word spreads, it is sure to become a popular destination.

The Game Room is set to become a beloved attraction at UNG. Whether the student is a seasoned gamer or just looking for a new way to relax and have fun, the Game Room is a must-visit destination for all students.