An Update on Grammarly Girl

Marley Stevens speaks out about how she’s doing.

Things are getting better for Marley Stevens, otherwise known as Grammarly Girl.

She says that since she was accused of violating UNG’s Student Conduct Code, she has been very stressed and has been trying to take it day-by-day and “keep life as normal as possible.” She says, “My everyday life hasn’t changed much, I still do my assignments as normal, but it has been strange getting recognized. I kind of avoided campus for a week after the news segment aired [in December], but once everything died down I just went back to my normal routine.”

In the long run, she says she hopes UNG will rethink its policies.

Stevens says she can’t comment on what the next legal action will be. She says UNG has not said anything to her and “they’ve given the same exact response to everyone who has reached out to them for a comment.”

She also says, “I asked to be reported to the integrity office, and if I had cheated then I would’ve just been relieved that the professor didn’t report me in the first place.”

“When I first posted the video I had maybe 2,000 followers and I was just your average stressed out college student who made Tik Toks for fun. I was shocked when the videos kept getting more and more views, and I was shocked at everything that happened after that. From Grammarly commenting on my video to people asking to write articles about it to being on live television, I never would’ve guessed that this story would go as far as it did.” – Marley Stevens, junior human services delivery and administration major

Stevens says that Grammarly contributed $4,000 to the GoFundMe to cover the scholarship she lost and the HOPE grant she was supposed to get last semester. She also took the social media position that they offered her: “I’ve been working with them to get the video schedule set up.”