Partying with My Vintage Gypsy Teas (It gets HOT)

Photo by Sarah Cochran

Halloween was huge at My Vintage Gypsy Teas, and the holiday fun is just getting started. Kim Pyron, the shop owner, says the event was incredibly successful. “I think everybody had a good time and that’s my measure of success,” says Pyron. 

All of the staff were in costume along with many attendees. A costume contest was held with the chance of winning a $100 gift card.

Photo by Sarah Cochran

“Anybody could enter [the costume contest] because you could always say you’re dressed as a serial killer,” said Pyron. 

Pyron and other staff also held short trivia games, did prize drawings and gave out samples throughout the day. Pyron also did tea-leaf readings throughout the day with customers’ purchases and plans to do more of these mystic readings in the future. 

Many students attended the event in costume. University of North Georgia chemistry major, Ronnie Webster, was dressed as “the hottest Dr. Seuss character,” the Once-ler from the Lorax. 

My Vintage Gypsy Teas will soon be switching over to their winter menu featuring their specially crafted Old Fashioned Christmas tea and new winter flavors for their hot chocolate. On weekends, they have hot apple cider that they spice themselves. 

Photo by Sarah Cochran

Every Tuesday, My Vintage Gypsy Teas has a 10% off discount on all store items for students, and new inventory is coming in everyday. 

Photo by Sarah Cochran

“We have been working so hard stocking the store so people have stuff for Christmas and Yule and the holidays,” said Pyron. 

They have a contest until December that guests can vote for with every purchase of their bagged tea. Pyron will be personally donating $4,000 to either the Lumpkin County Fire Department or Sheriff’s Office.

For more information, you can visit their website, Instagram or Facebook page.