The Georgia Jackets Inspires Athletes

Coach David Misiaszek and his son Connor Misiaszek after a game. Photograph by Blaire Misiaszek

The Georgia Jackets is an organization that helps athletes in their baseball careers and everyday lives. Jeff Auterson played for the LA Dodgers and is helping kids achieve the same goals he once dreamed of.

He started Auterson Baseball and later created the Georgia Jackets as part of the program. The Jackets program started in 2008 and currently has 32 travel teams.

The Georgia Jackets coaches kids from 7-18 years old. The organization has around 450 athletes throughout its many different teams. There are four indoor facilities and five outdoor fields.

Part of the mission of Auterson Baseball is to promote good moral values, use biblical principles and facilitate individual goals.

“The value is making the kid feel much more than how he sees himself.” – Jeff Auterson

Auterson has each coach in the program train with him before they’re on their own so they can understand the value system and direction in which the program operates. This makes the league’s coaches more well-rounded and ultimately their athletes perform better.

“I believe one of the best things I get out of coaching is nurturing a kid’s confidence. The way coach Jeff talks about it is to enable the kids to love the game naturally while they develop their skillsets,” said David Misiaszek, Georgia Jackets coach.

The Jackets offer a mentorship program for the dads who will coach the teams. There is also a pathway that helps recruit the athletes as they explore college options. The organization also does profiles on their athletes.

The league has come a long way since it started. More kids are joining every season. Auterson is still setting new goals and saying prayers for new opportunities.

“Expectations is the cup God will fill up. If you expect little, that’s what you’ll get. The Jackets was a big vision and expectation I put out and it happened,” said Auterson.

The Georgia Jackets have changed the mentality of those coaching and those playing. The unique coaching methods the program uses have inspired many including Auterson.