Shop Local at the Cumming Farmers Market

Flowers+sold+at+the+market.+
Cumming Farmers Market Facebook Page
Flowers sold at the market.

The Cumming City Center welcomes residents from all over to their weekly farmers market every Saturday from 8-11 a.m., in the parking lot.

Each week, there is a mix of familiar and different vendors to shop from. There is something there for everyone. The Cumming Farmers Market has been around for decades; today it is better than ever.

“I love coming here to stock up on produce, find holiday goodies, see my favorite vendors and just say hi to my Forsyth neighbors.” – Christine McCormick, Cumming City Center farmers market shopper

The unique thing about this market is it stays open all year long, and with warmer weather ahead the market is getting busier and busier. Staying open all year has given the vendors a guaranteed Saturday morning plan. Other markets close when the weather drops, but Cumming has a consistent run.

“It is a great turn out. I hope to be back soon,” said Summer Slaughter, farmers market shopper. “I have to get more ingredients for the kitchen.”

The booths vary from flowers, candles, sweet treats, meats, coffee and so many home goods. Hardly anyone is seen leaving empty handed.

“I always find the best flowers at this market. I never leave without a bundle,” said McCormick.

The Cumming Farmers Market started in 1978 at the Cumming Fairgrounds. Today, it remains a huge staple in the community with its new location.

The spacious City Center gives each vendor room to sell, advertise and enjoy their time with shoppers. The walk through of the market takes approximately 45 minutes to an hour. It can be a great way for Forsyth County and neighboring counties to shop local and have a productive morning.

Fresh bread loafs sold at the market. Photo from the Cumming Farmers Market Facebook page.

“My son can run around the market and find things he likes. I come for the fresh bread, but my kid always finds something special for him, too. I love the mix of booths for that reason,” said Camryn Wilson, Forsyth resident.

For updates on the market, booth highlights and vendor introductions, check out the Cumming Farmers Market Facebook page.

The market is located at Cumming City Center, 423 Canton Road, Cumming, GA. Come by for friendly faces and fresh produce.