You Don’t Want to Miss This: Spring Jam 2023!

The Nighthawks Entertainment club is hosting its annual Spring Jam at the University of North Georgia’s Dahlonega campus Wednesday, April 12, on the Drill Field from 1-7 p.m. Festivities will include Nigel the Nighthawk, caricatures, Lemonade Mixology, fried Oreos, funnel cakes,  fair rides, free t-shirts, inflatables and so much more.

Loren Sullivan, a senior elementary and special education major and senior representative of NED says, “Spring Jam is Nighthawks Entertainment’s annual carnival-style event. NED has just celebrated our 50th year on campus and Spring Jam has been around for just as long. Other than the annual concert, this is one of our most popular events. We typically see anywhere from 1,500 to 2,000 students. ”

She says students come to experience a fair right on their campus for free.

Mary Ann Young, a senior digital marketing major and member of NED says, “My favorite memory from Spring Jam would be riding the Ferris wheel last year with one of my NED besties.”

Natalie Pippin, a junior international affairs major, says that the reason Spring Jam takes place in April is that it  “rings in the spring season and the end of the spring semester. It is always our biggest event of the year!” She says her favorite Spring Jam memory is sipping lemonade from Lemonade Mixology.

Pippin says that Spring Jam makes her “nostalgic for when she would go to the state fair with her family and to not miss out on this event.”

Sarah Kate Hull, a junior psychology major says, “I really liked how it brought everyone on campus together and there was something for everyone to enjoy. Also, it was nice to get free food and a t-shirt. ”

All photos courtesy of Nighthawks Entertainment